There are two different ways in which you can receive academic credit for your Spanish language course at Coastal Spanish.
Get Credit Through Your Home University
- Many universities encourage their students to study abroad and allow credit for these educational trips. Check with your home university to see what information they need in order to determine if they will allow you to receive academic credit for a Spanish program at Coastal Spanish.
- Normally your university will ask you for information as it relates to type of course, number of classroom hours, course syllabus, progress reports etc. We can supply all the information required by your home university.
Get Credit Through Brookhaven College
- You can receive credit for your time spent at Coastal Spanish that is transferable through Brookhaven College. Brookhaven is a fully accredited US community college and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. Information about this organization can be found here http://www.sacscoc.org/
- Check with your home university to verify that you can transfer credits from Brookhaven.
- Apply to Brookhaven College
- When you register with Coastal Spanish indicate that you wish to receive credit from Brookhaven.
- You must take at least 20 hours of Spanish classes each week. Our Standard Program fits this requirement.
- Fees paid to Brookhaven for credit are separate from the course and accommodation fees paid to Coastal Spanish.
Credits & Costs Associated With Brookhaven College
Spanish Course Credit Calculator
- 3 weeks of study = 3-4 credit hours
- 5 weeks of study = 6 credit hours
- 6 weeks of study = 8 credit hours
- 7 weeks of study = 9 credit hours
- 8 weeks of study = 10 credit hours
- 9 weeks of study = 11 credit hours
- 10 weeks of study = 12 credit hours
- 11 weeks of study = 13 credit hours
- 12 weeks of study = 14 credit hours
Prices For Academic Credit
Total Cost of 1 or 2 Courses
- Residents of Dallas County $300 Total
- Residents of the state of Texas: $500 Total
- Non Texas resident: $650 Total
Total Cost of 3,4, or 5 Courses
- Residents of Dallas County $500 Total
- Residents of the state of Texas: $650 Total
- Not Texas resident: $850 Total
If you have questions aboutcademic credit please contact Sonia Gomez at email@example.com